Komatsu America Corp., a leading global heavy equipment manufacturer, introduced the new D51EX/PX-24 crawler dozer at CONEXPO-CONAGG 2017 today. Among the most versatile of all the Komatsu dozers, it features an updated, Tier 4 Final engine, and an electronically-controlled hydrostatic transmission. These two features provide up to 13 percent less fuel consumption than the prior model, and exceptional maneuverability, respectively.
Also, the new PX model, high-capacity blade with wear-resistant moldboard, can increase production by 15 percent, compared to the previous model. Additionally, the Standard Parallel Link Undercarriage System (PLUS) offers up to double the wear life, and up to 40 percent less maintenance expense, compared to standard undercarriage designs.
“The D51EX/PX-24 is a versatile machine, at home on jobsites from landscaping to site prep, as well as highway projects where you’re sculpting on and off ramps, for example,” said Jonathan Tolomeo, product manager, Komatsu America. “It can do the nimble jobs required of a small dozer, but also move serious dirt,” Tolomeo said.
Under The Hood
- A 4.5L, 131 HP, EPA Tier 4 Final certified, SAA4D107E-7 engine with the same performance as the previous model. The engine features 13 percent higher fuel efficiency with the addition of the Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system and Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) tank.
- A new water cooled, variable geometry turbocharger, adds efficiency and excellent engine response.
- New Komatsu Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (KDOC) and Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system reduce particulate matter and NOx, using 100% passive regeneration without a diesel particulate filter. There is no active or manual regeneration. Easy, time-saving maintenance access to the DEF tank and pump.
- New programmable auto-idle shutdown helps reduce unproductive idle time and saves fuel.
Machine Performance Features/Benefits
- The economy (E) mode setting and electronically-controlled, hydraulic hydrostatic technology, work together with the improved engine efficiency to help reduce overall fuel consumption by up to thirteen percent.
- Two operator selectable transmission modes – quick-shift, three-speed mode, and a variable, 20-speed mode – provide options to suit operator preference and application.
- Rear mounted, high capacity radiator with tilt-up, reversible fan module, is easy to maintain and gain access to cooler cores.
- New, triple labyrinth final drive housing design with debris shields provides additional protection to the final drive floating seals.
- Komatsu’s super-slant nose, cab-forward design provides unrivaled visibility to the blade cutting edges.
- Large, ROPS/FOPS ISO 3471 cab is pressurized and sealed to help reduce cab noise, vibration and dust.
- New, updated, 7 inch, high-resolution color LCD display helps operators monitor machine performance, and provides real-time integrated diagnostics for troubleshooting without a laptop.
- KOMTRAX 5.0 telematics system monitors and provides key machine metrics, including KDOC status, DEF level, fuel level, operating hours, location, cautions and maintenance alerts.
- Operator ID system provides KOMTRAX data by job, application or operator.
- Standard rearview monitoring system integrated into the monitor, provides increased rearward visibility, with auto-sync reverse.
- Secondary engine shutdown switch and seat belt alert.
- Individual operator settings allow up to 5 customizable machine setups to suit operator preferences.
- Heated, air suspension seat with tool less adjustable arm rests provides luxurious operator comfort.
The D51PXi-24, whether rented, leased or purchased, is covered by the Komatsu CARE® program for the first three years or 2000 hours, whichever comes first. Komatsu CARE® includes scheduled factory maintenance, a 50-point inspection at each service and two complimentary Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) maintenance services and DEF tank flushes in the first five years.